Stuart Fork Trail Head
Photo of Morris Meadow
Trail Head Elevation:2800
Ranger District to contact for more information: Weaverville
Location: Stuart Fork TH is about 4 miles off Hwy. 3 at the south end of Trinity Lake.
Directions to Stuart Fork Trailhead:
Follow Hwy. 3 to the Stuart Fork bridge which Hwy. 3 crosses at the southern end of Trinity Lake. Take the road which goes off Hwy. 3 immediately at the N. end of the bridge with signs to Trinity Alps Resort. Follow this road through the resort and continue on to end of road (about 4 miles from Hwy. 3).
Road Conditions: Road is in good condition through the resort and then dirt road from there to the TH which is at the end of the road. Narrow in places so watch for oncoming traffic.
Forest Service Trinity Alps Wilderness Map, East Half. 2 1/2 "mile squares" to the left of R.9 W.(top of map) and T.35 N. (side of map).
Stuart Fork TH is usually open by early June.
Trail Head Ammenities:
- There is room to turn around large horse trailers
- This is a fairly heavily used Trail Head/Camp Ground but the chances are fairly good of finding an open corral here (2 corrals).
- There is water at the corrals.
- Hitching rails.
- There is a nice out-house.
- No fees to camp or use corrals for overnight as long as you stay in parking area which is just outside the fee campground. Hiker parking is up the road just past the stock trailer parking area.
- There is one trail heading out of this trail-head.
Comments: This is a high use trail head especially with groups of hikers such as Boy Scouts.
Trails out of Stuark Fork TH:
- There is only one trail out of this trail-head. Once at Morris Meadows the trail forks to other directions.
Trail Heads Home/
Zinkel Long Ears & Pack
All material on this site
© 2006 by Zinkel Long Ears & Pack