Carter Meadows Trail Head
Within Carter Meadows.
Directions to Carter Meadows.
Directions to Carter Meadows TH: From east entrance to Carter Meadows, follow road past turn off to Group Horse Camp. At the next bend in the road, the trail head is straight ahead of you. About 1/3 mile from start of Carter Meadow road.
Road Conditions: Paved road all the way to Carter Meadows. Good dirt road the last 3/4 mile into the trail head.
Forest Service Trinity Alps Wilderness Map. One "mile square" left of R.9W. (top of map) and one mile square below T.39N. (side of map).
Carter Meadows TH is usually open by late June.
Trail Head Ammenities:
- No corrals.
- Hitching Rail.
- There is room to turn around large horse trailers
- This is a fairly heavily used Trail Head/Camp area and the chances are not always good of finding a camp site here. (This is not a FS designated camp site.) However, you can park along the road to access the trail head for riding.
- There are out-houses.
- No fees.
- There are two trails heading out of this trail-head.
Besides being a trail head to Hidden Lake, it is also a great trail head for easy access to the PCT.
Trails out of Carter Meadows TH:
- One trail heads up the mountain and connects with the PCT within about 1/2 mile.
- The Hidden Lake Trail takes a sharp right hand turn here and continues on into Hidden Lake, which is about 3/4 of a mile from here.
- There is also a Carter Meadows trail that interconnects this trail head with the Group Horse Camp, Hidden Horse Camp, the Trail Gulch TH, the Long Gulch TH and to the Fish Lake TH road.
Trail Heads Home/
Zinkel Long Ears & Pack
All material on this site
© 2006 by Zinkel Long Ears & Pack