Carter Meadows Summit Trail Head
Location: At Carter Meadows Summit on the Callahan-Cecilville Road where the PCT crosses.
Directions to Carter Meadows Summit. Follow these directions just up to the summit, where you will see a sign saying that the PCT crosses the road. The TH is right on the summit, on the south side of the road.
Paved all the way.
Forest Service Trinity Alps Wilderness Map. One "mile square" left of R.9W. (top of map) and one mile square below T.39N. (side of map).
Carter Meadows Summit TH is usually open by late June.
Trail Head Ammenities:
- Basically just a parking area, right next to the Pacific Crest Trail, on the ridge above Carter Meadows.
- Emergency rescue Helipad next to this trailhead.
- There is room to turn around large horse trailers
- This is a heavily used Trail Head mainly by hikers.
- There is no water
- There are no out-houses.
- No fees.
- There are 3 trails heading out of this trail-head (or actually 4 if you consider that the PCT goes in both directions).
This is a good re-supply spot for PCT travelers. 1/4 mile past the summit and trail head is the best place to park with trailers.
Trails out of Carter Meadows Summit TH:
- Pacific Crest Trail, going both North and South.
- Hidden Lake Trail forks off the PCT here, and it's only about a mile into Hidden Lake.
- The Carter Meadow trail meets the PCT here also.
Trail Heads Home/
Zinkel Long Ears & Pack
All material on this site
© 2006 by Zinkel Long Ears & Pack